Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, as amended in 1988, is known as the Fair Housing Act.
- National Origin
- Familial Status (presence of minor children in a household, pregnant women or anyone securing legal custody of a child)
- Refuse to rent or sell housing
- Refuse to negotiate for the sale or rental of housing
- Make housing unavailable or deny that housing is available
- Set different terms, conditions or privileges for the sale or rental of housing, a mortgage, home loan, homeowners insurance or any other housing transaction
- Advertise in a discriminatory way
- Threaten, coerce or intimidate anyone exercising a fair housing right or assisting others in exercising those rights
It is important to know your rights to fair housing and hold others accountable in your pursuit of a home. Please visit the links below to find out more information.