Established in 1985, AHCOPA provides housing counseling for the Greater Philadelphia area. Our goal is to not only serve as a resource center for our clients, but also become their advocates. Whether you are pursuing the purchase of your first home or searching for options to maintain your status as a homeowner, please contact us. Our highly knowledgeable counselors will explore a variety of resources that you may not be aware of.
We are a HUD-Certified, non-profit housing counseling agency and official adopters of the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling.
- First Time Home Buying Counseling and Education
- Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
- Homeowner Emergency Loan Assistance Programs (HEMAP)
- Loss Mitigation Proposal Preparation and Submission
- Mortgage Diversion Negotiation
- Knowledge of the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau guidelines.
- Applying for Philadelphia’s Home Improvement Loans (PHIL-Plus and Mini-PHIL)
- Applying for Delinquent Tax Repayment plans
- Financial Literacy Education
- Credit Counseling and Money Management